We have a National Watchlist of Subjects of Interest of which we are the Data Controller. We create a personalised watchlist for every one of our customers properties individually, so that you don’t have to worry about the responsibility of taking the sharing decision.
Above all we carefully comply with the 6 guiding Principles set out in Article 5 of GDPR which in summary are:
Personal data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and transparently;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
Over and above these Principles, because we are processing Special Category Data (Biometric Data which includes Facial Recognition algorithms), with our national footprint and expertise we are one of the very few organisations that can comply with the significant additional hurdles, including the Substantial Public Interest test, set for processing this data.
Our expertly trained staff and highly secure systems and processes back up our promise to ensure our compliance with the 6 principles so that you don’t need to worry.